There is no denying the fact that Chainlink is actually among the top-perfomaing altcoins of 2021, and it’s for a good reason. Chainlink has grown in popularity over the past few years due to its price and other features, which has resulted in many partnerships with other tech and blockchain giants. This has allowed the birth of many best Chainlink wallets.
Chainlink (LINK) is a token that is built on the ETH blockchain, which means that users will require wallets that can actually support these tokens. Below, we have decided to give you a comprehensive review of the best Chainlink wallets on the market today so as to make decision-making easy for you.
What should you look for in a Chainlink wallet?
- Chainlink compatibility. You have to make sure that any wallet you consider using will be providing support for Chainlink. Do not work with assumptions, you have to be precise.
- Easy to use. Cryptocurrencies are very complicated and so are some of these wallets so you have to make sure that the wallet you choose has an interface that makes managing your funds convenient and simple with no hassles.
- You have to check whether the wallet you want to use is backed by a dedicated development team that is continuing to upgrade the wallet and add new features as this can work well in your favor.
- Customer support. If there is anything that you might need help with, you have to have access to customer support.
- Private key control. Your private keys represent the right to manage your cryptocurrency holdings. You have to make sure that the wallet you will choose gives you control of your private keys and there will be no third party that you will be sharing them with.
- Security and backup. Check if it offers you security features such as two-factor authentication, advanced encryption, and secure PINs or passphrases. Check also if there is a backup feature so that you can restore your wallet if something goes wrong and be able to restore your funds.
- Good reputation. Before you do anything, you have to find out the reputation of the wallet that you would want to store your funds to avoid having to regret it later on.
Best Chainlink wallets
Ledger Nano X is a hardware wallet that was launched in 2019. It is regarded as a new member of the Ledger family that comes in a form of a stylish USB flash drive. You will be offered buttons that are fitted to it that will make it easy for the user to navigate. There are over 1 200 coins supported here including Ripple, Bitcoin, and many others. It is compatible with any mobile, Windows, macOS, and Linux and also has a wireless wallet that makes use of the Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity feature. You do not need any cable for the Ledger Nano X to be connected to iOS or Android devices.
A Ledger is a hard cryptocurrency wallet company with the Nano S model and is also a very special member of the Ledger family offering you the most frequent contender. With the Nano S model you can, you can store Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and more. The Nano S is an offline hardware wallet for desktops and mobile devices as well that goes for $59.
Trust Wallet is a multi-currency wallet that supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Zcash, Ethereum Classic, VeChain, TRON, Theta, ERC20 tokens, and BEP2, and other cryptos. It is a wallet that you can get on any iOS and Android device. Trust Wallet provides all its users with the Web3 browser that can allow you to interact with any decentralized application and will be protecting you from third-party inventions. Users here will be provided with a high-security level that allows only you to have information about your private keys.
Coinbase is a digital currency wallet that was launched as a wallet sometime in 2012. Developers long back created the GDAX cryptocurrency on its basis and it was included in the top 20 for the largest exchanges. With Coinbase, you can be able to store Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, and Tether among other cryptocurrencies. You can get the wallet application on either an Android or iOS device.
Trezor One is believed to be the older version of one of the leading hardware wallets in the crypto industry that is the Model T. The Trezor One might be the oldest wallet but is it not obsolete as it has a specific group of crypto enthusiasts that it is known to cater for.
This model will be very secure for you as it comes with an advanced Pin code functionality that will prevent your coins from being stolen. It is offline hardware that goes for $60. You can use it on either your desktop or mobile device and be able to store your Ethereum, Bitcoin, USD coin, Litecoin, and many other coins.
Trezor is noted to be a cold wallet brand in the cryptocurrency world. The company’s products can be constantly found on lists of the best cryptocurrency wallets as it has never disappointed its users. The Trezor wallet features a few distinct aspects that anyone that Lumen users will find enticing. It might not be a direct benefit for Lumen holders but it is worth highlighting that the Model T supports a very wide range of altcoins and crypto tokens.
Crypto enthusiasts will find it very convenient for them to have the ability to hold most of their coins in one wallet. A Trezor Model T is a hardware wallet convenient for mobile devices and desktops and goes for $179. You are allowed to store Ethereum, USD coins, Stellar Lumens, Litecoin, Bitcoin, and more.
This multi-currency wallet supports over 300 cryptocurrencies offering you the chance to have one place that you can store all crypto that you might have. This is a desktop version wallet that is noted to be compatible with a lot of mainstream operating systems. You will be given the chance to exchange some of the supported coins here free of charge and instantly as well.
How to choose the best LINK wallet
Before you can settle for a certain Chainlink wallet, it os important that you consider the following:
- Supports a large number of cryptocurrencies – The wallet has to support many other popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and many others as well so that you can store them there as well.
- Safety and backup – You have to check the backup and safety setting options that you will be offered. This will help you in feeling safe knowing that you have protected your funds from fraudsters and hackers.
- Secure and Affordable – You have to check how secure the wallet and it also has to be affordable for you to use as well.
- Easy to set up – When you decide to create a wallet, it should not be complicated for you. It has to be made easy for you to create following simple instructions that the wallet has to provide for you.
How to get a Chainlink wallet
To get a Chainlink wallet you have to go on your mobile device or your desktop, go to your Apple Store or your Google Playstore, and search for Chainlink wallets. From the list, you will find you have to find one that is reputable and download that one.
How to keep your coins safe
- Do your research. You have to research any wallet before you decide on using it to store your funds. Look into its security features, reputation, customer support, and user-friendliness.
- Make use of all security features. For any wallet that you choose you to have to make the most of the security features it offers. Set up two-factor authentication, create a secure PIN, and make sure you always retain control of your private keys so that everything of yours is safe. Use all features provided for you.
- Update your antivirus protection. Constantly update your antivirus protection.
- You have to remember to regularly back up your wallet so that if something happens to your wallet you will always have a backup.
- Storing large amounts. You have to check if the wallet allows you to store large amounts of crypto. If so, you also have to make sure that it is reputable to avoid a situation where you will lose a large amount of crypto. You have to be extra careful here.
There are a lot of choices that people are offered these days when it comes to storing their cryptocurrencies. It has always been a thing that people will cry foul for losing their funds but now people are allowed to choose for themselves the wallets that they want to work with after having carefully studied their features and what they will have on offer for them. Pick one that you might like from our list and see what it has on offer for you.