The super crypto rally of 2017 resulted in Stellar Lumens and many other cryptocurrencies finding themselves at crosshairs of investors. Stellar platforms are noted to have a finding in decentralization and wants to connect payment systems, global banks as well as people as they try and move and also make cross border payments a little bit faster, latency free and also secure. We have written a list of wallets that support Stellar lumens and their features and these have been vetted by the community as well.
What should you look for in a Stellar wallet?
- Security and backup so that you will not be scared that your funds might be lost along the way.
- Privacy key control that allows you to have control of your funds.
- Customer Support, so that if you encounter any problems whilst using any wallet that you would have chosen you will have someone to help you.
- Ease of use, you have to be able to manage your funds easily.
- Good reputation, you have to consider if that account is credible and also look into the reviews previously written about it.
Best Stellar wallets
Below is a list of some of the best wallets and their features:
This is a very popular cold wallet that is there on the market. When you go on the hunt for the best wallet for Stellar you should be greatly concerned about the safety of your coins. This ledger is a very good choice offering you with unprecedented levels of security. When setting up your Nano X you will be asked that you create a PIN code that you will be entering every time that you will want to access your digital assets. There will be a 24 word recovery seed that will accompany the PIN and you will have to make use of it if you happen to forget your PIN. Even if you use that seed after forgetting your pin, you will still be able to recover all your Dogecoin. You can use this ledger on your mobile and desktop device to store coins like Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar Lumens and more. To get this Ledger, it will cost you $119.
A Ledger is a hard cryptocurrency wallet company with the Nano S model that offers you the most frequent contender on the list for Lumen wallets. With the Nano S model you can be able to store you Bitcoin, Lumens, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum and more when you buy this offline hardware wallet for desktops and mobile devices at $59.
Trezor One is the older version of one of the leading hardware wallets in the crypto industry which the Model T. Both of these models have found their way onto the list of the best Stellar wallets. The fact that the Trezor One is the older wallet does not mean that it is obsolete. The Trezor One model has a specific group of crypto enthusiasts that it caters for. In some true Trezor fashion you can expect this option of the best wallet for Lumes to be very secure for you. It has an advanced PIN code functionality that prevents your Lumen coins from being stolen by a keylogger or some other malware that may be present on your computer. It is noted to be an offline hardware for desktop and mobile devices that goes for $60 with support for Ethereum, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, USD coin, Dash, Litecoin, Stellar Lumens and more.
Trezor is noted to be a cold wallet brands in the cryptocurrency world. The company’s products can be constantly found on lists of the best cryptocurrency wallets as it has never disappointed its users. The Trezor wallet features a few distinct aspects that anyone that Lumen users will find enticing. It might not be a direct benefit for Lumen holders but it is worth highlighting that the Model T supports a very wide range of altcoins and crypto tokens. Crypto enthusiasts will find it very convenient for them to have the ability to hold most of your coins in one wallet. A Trezor Model T is a hardware wallet convenient for mobile devices and desktops and goes for $179. You are allowed to store Ethereum, USD coins, Stellar Lumens, Litecoin, Bitcoin and more.
Guarda Wallet is argued to be a custody-free multi-currency wallet that strongly covers over 45 blockchains and thousands of tokens as well. The storages for this wallet comes in the form of Web, Desktop, Mobile and Chrome Extension versions. The coins you are allowed store here include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stellar Lumes, Monero XMR, Zcash, Dash, Ethereum Classic and more. The extended functionality the wallet has allows built-in exchanges, purchases, selling cryptocurrency for fiat and operating with Ledger hardware wallet. This is noted to be a very secure choice as it does not store any of your personal data so there is no need for you to be worried about your personal information being seen or stolen by anyone.
The Atomic is with no reasonable doubt a multi-currency wallet as it supports over 300 cryptocurrencies. It is a desktop version wallet that is very compatible with most of the mainstream operating systems. Through the support of Atomic Swaps, you will be able to exchange some of the supported tokens instantly and also free of charge.
StellarTerm is a downloadable desktop wallet that is made available to you for Linux, Mac OS and Windows desktops. It is very easy for beginners to use with its simplicity. It allow you to purchase XLM with a credit card directly through the wallet as it integrates a decentralized exchange.
How to choose the best XLM wallet
- Supports a large number of cryptocurrencies – In addition to supporting XLM, the wallet has to support many other popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and many others.
- Safety and backup – consider the fact that your keys are stored offline as this will provide great security against hackers. It also has to generate a seed phrase to recover your wallet, in case you lose the keys. Additionally, it has to supports 2 Factor Authentication through a 4-digit Pin code, enhancing the safety of the wallet even more.
- Accessibility and convenience – transaction details should be seen on screen and the device’s small size has to allow you to carry it around if needed.
- Applications – Will you be allowed to install a range of specific applications for different coins and wallets, adding an additional layer of security for your logins and transactions?
- Secure and Affordable – While they offer the highest level of security, they have to be free to use.
- Easy to set up – When creating a paper wallet, you only need to follow some basic instructions, print out your keys and you are done and the wallet you choose has to allow you to do this.
- Tech-independent – you have to find out if the wallet is tech independent so that you do not have to be worrying about constant software upgrades, battery life, continuous support and more.
How to get a Stellar wallet
You can be able to download a Stellar wallet on any mobile store or on your desktop. You will then be able to be in control of your funds and can be able to receive, store and send your cryptocurrency within the mobile interface.
How to keep your coins safe
- You have to research more on the list of wallets that you will be considering to use before you store your funds there. You have to look into its reputation, security feature and customer support among other factors.
- You have to make use of all of the security features that will be made available to you so that you will not be crying about your fund being lost or stolen.
- Your antivirus protection has to be updated constantly so that you will not have to stress about an antivirus taking over and you losing your funds in the process.
- Regular backups for your wallet is highly recommended so that you do not risk losing your funds.
- If you would want to store large amounts of crypto you have to make sure that the wallet that you choose if reputable.
People these days are storing their crypto in different types of wallets and by so doing, this will allow them to grow more and to rest assured that their funds are well protected. There are different types of wallets that a person can use when they want to store their Stellar Lumens, some of which include Ledgers, Trezors and Atomic wallet among others.
Before you choose to trust any wallet with your funds you have to try and make sure that you do a careful research about it and mostly look into the security features that it will be providing for you. Do not be swayed by nice names as some will defraud you of your funds. We suggest that you look into some of the ones we listed for you and decide which one you might choose to trust with all your crypto storages.